- 30,000 sq. ft.
- Associated Architect: Blaise Fiebach & Associates, PA
- Associated Contractor: Signature Construction, Inc.
- Construction Cost: $5,263,000 (under budget)
- Construction Duration: 14 months
If you have known the Salvation Army in Leesburg, you know that it has always been a remarkable place. It provided food, social, and spiritual services to an area underserved from a tiny facility. For the past 3 years it has been directed by Lieutenants Matt and Jessica Hedgren. What you may not know is under Matt and Jessica’s guidance, the past 3 years have produced a new 28,000 sq. ft. center (5 times larger than the old facility) to better accommodate existing and provide expanded outreach. Aside from administrative offices and classrooms for infant care, and both primary and secondary students, improvements are immediately evident in the following areas and additions:
- The new lobby is spacious, light, bright, comfortable and uplifting, and materials are elegant but durable.
- The new sanctuary, high and spacious, features advanced technology and comfortably seats 365.
- The new kitchen meets commercial standards and the dividable multipurpose room seats 120.
- The gym is a totally new addition to the program and the full sized basketball court can be split into 2 youth recreation courts.
- The totally new teen room accommodates gatherings to accommodate group activities and youth entertainment.
- Other outreach offerings include a “pantry program” for families in need, after school programs, and life skill classes.
Photo Credit: Ben Tanner Photography